gnnone wp-image-3624″ title=”obamakerrydec212012″ src=”http://backchannel.al-monitor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/obamakerrydec212012.jpg” alt=”” width=”600″ height=”400″ />
- President Obama nominates Sen. John Kerry for Secretary of State.
- The view from Iran: Kerry will pursue more moderate policy to IRI.
- Kerry, the son of a career diplomat, was “born on the (State Department's) 7th floor.”
- Iran’s conservatives push for a nuclear deal.
- Diplomats, arms control experts urge Obama to pursue more robust diplomacy with Iran.
- Diplomats, military officials defend former Sen. Chuck Hagel from neoconservative criticism.
- Hagel’s remarks to Israel Policy Forum in 2008.
- Hagel retracts, apologizes for 1998 statement on gays.
- Russia, EU push for renewing Middle East peace process.
- Likud candidate Moshe Feiglin calls for end of US aid to Israel, expelling US spies from country.
- Parents of Austin Tice, journalist held in Syria, ask for his release.
(Photo: President Obama and Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) arrive ahead of Obama's announcement that he was nominating Kerry to be his next Secretary of State, December 21, 2012. Photo by C. Kaster, Associated Press<