- Obama nominates former US Ambassador to Kuwait Deborah K. Jones as Libya envoy to succeed slain Chris Stevens.
- US spy chief says Syria military showing strains, opposition fragmented.
- Former US intelligence analyst Greg Thielmann delves into new US global threat assessment (.pdf).
- Netanyahu will reportedly give Education Ministry to Lapid
- Obama planning to give exclusive interview to Israel’s Channel 2 ahead of Israel trip.
- Obama invites Miss Israel, the Ethiopian-born Yityish Aynaw, to dinner.
- Lots of listening, no grand initiatives, expected on Obama Israel trip.
- CIA ramps up role in Iraq
- Iran’s man in Syria and Iraq.
- Family of former US Marine Amir Hekmati, detained by Iran, pleads for his release.
- Sarah Chayes on what former AfPak advisor Vali Nar missed in his White House critique.
- The three men who control Turkey’s future: Erdogan, Ocalan and Gulen.
- Turkish police make arrest in probe of front companies alleged involved in procurement for Iran nuclear program.
(Photo: Newly crowned Miss Israel Yityish Aynaw. Photo: Marc Israel Sellem/The Jerusalem Post.)