- Hamas political leader Khaled Meshaal makes first visit to Gaza.
- Israel chooses Hamas.
- Israel election lists: winners and losers.
- US renews 6 month waiver from Iran oil sanctions for China, India, Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, and Taiwan.
- Nuclear deal with Iran may rely on European sanctions relief.
- Pentagon nominates new Centcom chief, Army Gen. Lloyd Austin ; outgoing Centcom chief Marine Gen. Jim Mattis says he’s still figuring out his plans.
- Turkey, Russia won’t risk economic ties over Syria.
(Photo: Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal reacts upon his arrival at the Rafah crossing, in the southern Gaza Strip December 7, 2012. REUTERS/Ahmed Jadallah.)